Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

Mosaics

Our newest Art in Culture lesson was on Mexican mosaics. I kept the squares pretty small, but even with that, we didn't get finished in our hour long lesson. We'll have to return to it at a later date, but it was sort of mesmerizing to work with the tiny colored squares. I would have loved to use all the art glass that my friend Claire gave me, but I was too worried about injury. To myself, mainly.
Cody took inspiration from an example on the Keynote presentation of this gorgeous flaming piece.
His brother went with the complete opposite palette and theme, with a focus on water.
This I just had to post because I got him chuckling and then caught it on camera. Myron is known for his deadpan and I have to work hard to capture his giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment