Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Every time I log on to this site, I smile. It's that photo of all the kids standing on the porch. I marvel at how they've changed in the course of the year and a half that I've been privileged to know them. And they're so darned cute, aren't they? All those unique personalities. Sometimes I hear their voices in my head, usually a funny comment that they've shared or that I've overheard. I'll be minding my own business, working on something, maybe reading a book and in will pop things like, "Look at me! I'm a crazy elf!" or "Oh. Poo." Kids are just so hilarious, much more so than adults...maybe it's the spontaneity, or what goes for a normal conversation between five year olds. Our neice is that kind of kid. She was outside playing with her mom and they found a toad. She came racing in to exclaim to her brother, "Ben, Ben! We found a turd!!" I mean. How can you not fall over laughing at that? I hear her voice, too, for sure. Here's to all the little people, may we appreciate them for all their special gifts...and their unique command of the English language.

No comments:

Post a Comment