Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 18, 2010

India 101

Hopped off the ferry, walked into the school and threw myself into the next step in our Art in World Cultures unit. India. It just so happens that I spent a month in India. And I have some stuff...okay a lot of stuff, from the country. Here are the kids dressed up in saris and dhotis. Notice the bindis on their foreheads. So funny. I showed them all the money/pictures/statues and we talked about the Hindu religion, food, clothing, etc. Then we talked about henna designs and practiced some traditional motifs on paper to gear up for our art project next week.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's great you're all learning about the different cultures of the world. You all look great wearing your saris and dhotis and yes, even the dots (bindis) on your foreheads. Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete