Total Pageviews

Monday, September 21, 2009

Flat Stanley from Australia


Years ago, when I was graduating from high school, I spent 6 months in Australia as an exchange student. Well, thanks to networking sites like Facebook, I'm in touch with some of my old friends that I knew over there as a teen. Of course things have changed: mainly...they're all married with kids. Seeing that I'm a teacher, one of them had her daughter send us a Flat Stanley that she made. If you don't know the great children's book series about a boy who is 2-D and gets sent in the mail, it is a common activity to recreate the story with young children. The idea is to send him out to have adventures and get information and pictures of him visiting the world. Here he is in Frenchboro, at the town dock. Stanley had a great time and is getting ready to be sent back home this week after we add some details about our lives here in Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment