Total Pageviews

Friday, June 12, 2009

Quotable Quotes: Austin


Can you tell by this photo that a lot of hilarious things come out of Austin's mouth? Early on, during Halloween, we were introduced to the traditions of Frenchboro. This is unquestionably one of the best places in the country to be a child on Halloween. As we loaded into the back of the haunted hayride trailer, Austin pats the haybale next to himself. "Sit here, Ms. Finn!" So, I sat on the bale right beside him. "The haunted hayride is SO scary," he said. Then, very seriously, he turned to me, "Last year, I oopsey-daisy peed myself." Another time, we're all sitting in class and Austin, out of nowhere says in a dreamy way, "I love Judge Judy." It was one of those, "Did I say that out loud?" times. When we built our wetu shelter, the traditional Wampanoag Indian dwelling, in our classroom, as soon as it was complete, Austin piped up with, "I call livin' in it!" Like he was calling the front seat. So funny. Just recently, he rushed in, saying, "Mr. Finn, your head's just gonna pop off when you hear this news."

"Holy crud." Austin...every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment