Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Violinists






How amazing to watch kids ages 6-14 tackle the violin! My neighbor in Cherryfield, where Doug and I have a home, makes violins by hand but before this year I had never layed a hand on the instrument. So, to find myself on a remote island, the last thing I expected was to be learning violin along with a group of kids! We started with correct handling of the bow and our warm up is called the 'spider' where we climb up and down the bow using our fingers and sliding with our thumb. The kids are pros, Doug and myself, much less so! Right now we are all working on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and in less than two days it is recognizable as the actual piece. I'm really looking forward to impressing my neighbor this summer with my new skills. So what if our first grader plays better than me? I can take the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment